Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Vegan Ricotta

You might be wondering why I make so much cheese… I can’t help it, I always have too much nut pulp around!



This is a mix for dozens of recipes I found online. I just defined what better worked for me and these were my final notes:

Ingredients:

- 1 cup nut milk pulp (I used almond)
- 1 TBS Nutritional Yeast
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp agar
- 3 TBS olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder

Directions:

Mix already all ingredients into a small bowl (except agar and water). Pour into blender cup. Set aside.

First dissolve agar in water and bring to a boil. Then let it simmer whisking constantly for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, pour agar into blender where the other ingredients are. Blend until smooth. Pour into a recipient greased with olive oil and put in fridge to cool.

It got hard enough to be shaped and sliced, and at the same time soft enough to be used as a spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment