Monday, July 14, 2014

Chia Chocolate Mousse with Hazelnut Butter

I almost threw a fit because I didn't have any sweets (my kind of sweets, of course) available. I’ve been so busy these days that I ate everything I had and forgot to refill my "stock". So I came up with this quick turnaround that didn’t disappoint

Personal notes:

- Grind the chia and the sugar. DON’T skip this process, it makes all the difference and the chia seeds don’t stick between your teeth!

- Stay with a powder sweetener. If you don’t have coconut sugar, use something similar, as long as you can grind it (demerara, brown sugar). I tried maple syrup before and it didn’t reach desired consistency, it was super gooey (but delicious, of course).

- I used hazelnut butter instead of peanut butter because the jar was already open. It’s also a perfect option for those that can’t handle peanuts. I think it would work with any other organic natural/pure nut butter also (cashew or almond). I would just not advise using walnut butter because it’s usually way too bitter.

- I didn’t try with any other nut milk, but I suppose it might loose the creaminess that coconut milk brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment