I've been totally addicted to baking my own bread. There's no 100% whole wheat bread sold at stores around here, so that was a very successful attempt.
500g whole wheat flour mix
½ tsp salt
½ tsp coconut sugar
1 ½ tsp dry baker’s yeast
2 TBS olive oil
300ml warm water
Sesame seeds to sprinkle
1. In a big bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix oil and water. Slowly pour oil mixture into the well you made in dry ingredients and mix until it’s not gluey anymore.
3. Pour dough on a powdered surface and knead it for circa 10 minutes until it’s elastic and smooth.
4. Roll dough in an oval shape and let it rise/rest on a slightly greased baking tin covered with plastic wrap. Leave it for an hour somewhere warm until it doubles its size.
5. Pre-heat oven to 230°C. Optional: Spray some water on the top of the bread and the sesame seeds.
6. Bake for ca. 30 minutes. Let bread cool on rack before slicing.
Inspired by recipe Gemischtes Getreide Brot from a booklet called “Das große Buch vom Brot”, The Big Baking Collection 3.