Friday, October 3, 2014

Raw Mushroom "Meatballs"

I must say I’m just in love with the blog Fragrant Vanilla Cake. Chef Amy Lyons
 has incredible vegan/raw recipes! When I saw these “meatballs”, I got crazy. I was so eager to eat them I didn’t dehydrate because it would take too long :P (made a non-raw version in the oven).


My substitutions:

hempseeds – blanched almonds
sauce – used another batch of frozen Healthy BBQ Sauce

Drizzled some olive oil on top and baked them in preheated oven at 180ºC/350ºF. Yielded ca. 26 “meatballs” depending on the size. After 15 min, I turned off the heat but let the balls inside for another 5 min before removing them from the oven.

ABSOLUTELY delicious!!!

Served them over raw zoodles and some stripes of bell pepper.

A tip for you: I hate raw zucchini, this is something I somehow have a horrible time digesting. But not if you toss them with salt first and set aside. Check this site. It worked for me.

Amy’s books are on my wish list for my next Amazon purchase: Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts.


No comments:

Post a Comment