Disclaimer: This recipe was taken from From Like Coffee & Doughnuts, which seems to have been removed (http://www.likecoffeeanddoughnuts.com/recipe/vegan-pepita-brownies/). For this reason, I disclosed a copy of the recipe directly here.
1 ¼ cup flour
¾ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips dark or semi-sweet
½ cup pepitas (edible pumpkin seeds)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup warm water
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and grease an 8x8 inch pan (we use coconut oil).
2. Mix together dry ingredients; flur, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips, and pepitas in a large bowl.
3. Combine all wet ingredients plus the sugar; water, coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla, and brown sugar in a smaller bowl.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix until just combined.
5. From here, pour batter into the prepared pan and pop it into the already preheated oven.
6. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of brownies comes out (mostly) clean.