1 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp coconut sugar sugar (or any other sugar)
1 cup warm water
1 ½ whole wheat spelt flour
¼ cup potato starch
¼ cup flaxseed meal
1 tsp salt
1. Add water, yeast and sugar to a bowl, stirring to mix. Let sit for 10 minutes for the yeast to make a foam.
2. In another bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix them well.
3. Add the flour mixture slowly to the yeast mixture and mix until it forms a dough.
4. Knead the dough with floured hands for a few minutes.
5. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and set the dough aside to rise for an hour or two.
6. Preheat oven to 220°C.
7. Roll the dough out with your hands on top of your table or countertop, you can line your work surface with parchment paper sprinkled with flour. Form a long thin baguette shape, and score it a sharp knife or bread scorer (I use a razor blade on a stick!)
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes. To help create a crust, after fully baked, turn off the oven and leave it in there to cool with the oven door open.